Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Sebastian


Martyrdom of St. Sebastian by Antonio and Piero del Pollaiuolo Posted by Hello

I found the postcard of the painting I was talking about below (I don't know art...). You have to imagine it about 12' high , and then you'll get the sense of what I was talking about. It also has a lazy persecution about it. Look at Sebastian's face. It's as if he's saying "oh, no, not this again," while being pelted with arrows. It's as if this happens all the time, almost like a boy being beaten up in the schoolyard. And I guess Sebastian did, after he survived the arrows. Is he the Patron Saint of Homosexuals? There should be one. We should petition the pope. It looks like these guys are getting off on shooting their arrows. So much for high art criticism.

No comments: