Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brick and Mortar

I mentioned to my friend Patrick that I was going on a date, which happens about as often as Halley's comet. Or roughly coincides with each time Hilary Swank wins an Oscar.

Anyhow, for this, the date of my 41st year (here in my 5TH DECADE ON EARTH, but who's counting?), I told Patrick I was going on a "brick and mortar" date, to distinguish it from the online shenanigans that fizzle into nothingness before you actually meet the person face to face. Not even a facebook friend. He thought the phrase was hysterical, so I should copyright it before it was taken.

So, tonight I am going on a brick and mortar date©

There's a bricklayer joke in there somewhere, but hell if I'm going to touch it.

1 comment:

Brian Herrera said...

I think there's probably a dirtier joke in the mortar somewhere...

Have fun!