Sunday, February 07, 2010

Surgery, part deux

So, I'm still going to write about it at some point. I'm thinking it might be too early to head back to work tomorrow. I haven't tried to drive. I think I pushed it a bit yesterday. I developed a bruise, which I hear is normal, but it freaked me out. Really not loving abdominal pain, I have to say.

So today I sat home after a friend took me to buy fresh veggies at the farmer's market, took a nap, watched Antiques Roadshow, and six episodes of 30 Rock that I needed to catch up on. The other day I watched Reefer Madness, the musical (okay, not great), and Bernstein's Trouble in Tahiti from the BBC about a difficult marriage.

I have to say, when you're couch-bound, the serious stuff isn't the best to watch. A friend was going to see Fish Tank, which is supposed to be great, but I just didn't think I could stomach it - no pun intended. Tanya picked me up and brought me over ther for chili and tea, and to chat during the second half of the Super Bowl. So glad they live close, and really grateful to have such wonderful friends, cuz I can get a little stir crazy.

But I did read my chapter each day - so I've done 13 so far. Only 352 to go!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my God -- you're really doing it? The War and Peace thing? You're leaving me in the dust, I think.

I'm sorry that the healing is slow going. Hang in there and you'll be up before too long. I know a couple of men who've had that, and I know it's a slow and painful process. I'm thinking about you!

Criticlasm said...

Thanks! It's hard to be patient, but you're right--it's necessary.

And yes! Click on the link and you can read all the entries!