Saturday, March 22, 2014

More advice

A friend posted Stephen King's Top 20 Rules for Writers on Facebook, a site that is quickly becoming a danger zone to me, but that's another story.  I like these.  They're  pretty much what you hear from everyone - take time, be in the world, turn of your TV, learn how you work.  That last one is elusive to me lately, as I seem to be not sitting down. Sigh.

I finished my short, and began submitting it to festivals.  I was not invited to a screenwriting lab I submitted to, but I did write the ten pages and the outline I was asked to. I'm taking a pilot writing workshop and did my outline for that. I just have to sit down and write the dang thing.  That's the way.  So I guess when I say "I'm not doing anything" I'm actually doing things.

I should make more lists.

The whole reason I'm posting this Stephen King thing is this last bit he wrote:

"Writing is magic, as much as the water of life as any other creative art. The water is free. So drink."

The water is free.  So drink.  I forget it's that simple. So good to be reminded.




1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yes. I believe that. It's good to read something not fraught with drama, too.